This summary of cover provides an outline of the group personal accident insurance policy arranged on your behalf. Full terms, conditions, limitations, exclusions, and benefits are set out in the policy document.
The group personal accident policy includes three subsections, each of which covers you for different aspects associated with an accident.These sub-sections are:
Who insures this policy?
Sportscover Australia Pty Ltd under an authority from Lloyds.
Period of insurance
1st November 2016 at 4pm (AEST) To 1st November 2017 at 4pm (AEST).
This insurance cover only relates to the period noted above. If this insurance cover is cancelled or changed the information on this website will be updated accordingly. In the absence of such notification do not assume that the policy has or will be renewed unless Tennis Australia has advised accordingly.
Which establishments are covered under this policy?
- Tennis Australia Ltd
- Tennis ACT Ltd
- Victorian Tennis Association trading as Tennis Victoria Ltd
- Tennis New South Wales Ltd
- Royal Queensland Lawn Tennis Association trading as Tennis Queensland
- Tennis SA Inc
- Western Australia Lawn Tennis Association trading as Tennis West
- Tennis Tasmania
- Tennis NT Inc
- Tennis Seniors Australia Inc
- Tennis Officials Australia Inc
- Hot Shots Participants
- Cardio Tennis members
This includes affiliated bodies, associations and clubs, together with all playing and non-playing members, coaches, officials, first aid personnel, administrators, directors, officers, officials and voluntary workers of these bodies and clubs.
Who is covered under this policy?
- all members
- affiliated regional, district, branch and club members
- committee members
- club directors
- club officers
- office bearers
- Hot Shots participants
- Cardio Tennis members
- talent squads
- teachers / coaches
- technical officers
- technical officials
- all voluntary workers including co-opted volunteers
- prospective members for up to four (4) weeks after initial approach
- guest players where applicable
- Any office bearer or member of an unincorporated or incorporated social and/or sporting club, welfare organisation or child care facilities affiliated with the Insured and/or formed with the consent of the Insured but only in respect of claims arising from duties connected with activities of any such club, organisation and/or facility.
When are you covered?
In the event of an accident occurring while performing tennis or associated competition, tournaments, practice events, training, associated training, activities connected with the sport of tennis whilst staying away from the insured persons usual residence including but not limited to a tour, camp or event or involved in any voluntary labour, club/association business including administrative activities, meetings, presentation nights and/or any other organised functions including any travel to and/or from and/or between the locations of the activities and/or events. Any activity must be authorised by the association and/or club.
Policy is endorsed to include non-residents of Australia
Benefits will be paid on the same basis as though Medicare applied, therefore benefits that would normally attract Medicare for permanent residents will not be claimable. Non-residents must have paid the appropriate registration fee with the member club. All benefits will cease if the claimant leaves Australia.
Please refer to the policy wording for a complete list of policy conditions and exclusions or by calling Marsh Advantage Insurance on 1300 308 702.
Important exclusions to the policy
Professional tennis players are excluded from this policy. Professional tennis players shall be defined as registered members (tennis players) who derive more than $25,000 per annum of their primary source of income from participating in professional tennis events.